Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Shopping For A Mission

For those of you that know me, you are aware that I take pride in my appearance when it comes to clothing (for the most part). So, why does that have to change when I become a missionary?


I have scoured through MANY blogs about sisters that gave many tips on what to wear and what not to wear as a missionary. As sister missionaries, we are representative of the Church. There are TWO names on that name tag: ours (Sister  ____) and Jesus Christ's. If we walk around with that tag on, we are telling people that we are followers of Jesus Christ and our appearance needs to demonstrate that. So, I studied the missionary dress/grooming standards found on lds.org and I was elated to find out that I would not have to sacrifice my sense of style as a missionary. MISSIONARIES CAN DRESS CUTE IT'S SO GREAT.
Anyway, now that I am drawing an end to my shopping, I decided to help give some advice of what I got from shopping.

List of stores I bought from:

ROSS
Forever 21
H&M
Express
New York & Company
Downeast Basics
Plato's Closet (I KNOW, I know what a surprise. I usually never find anything there)
Savers
Deseret Industries
Burlington Coat Factory
JCPenney
Old Navy
DSW
Payless
Wal-Mart
Rue 21


There are a few more stores but I can't name them off the top of my head at the moment.

ANYWAY, I have put together some outfits from the stuff that I got. I did not really make a plan with how I was shopping. Some missionaries buy printed skirts with solid tops or printed tops with solid skirts. But I bought a mix of everything.



               Skirt: JCPenney
               Shirt: JCPenney
               Shoes: Dr. Scholl's (Wal-Mart)



                  Skirt: Forever 21
                  Shirt; Forever 21
                  Necklace: JCPenney
                  Shoes: Wet Seal




                       Shirt: H&M
                       Skirt: Ross
                       Necklace: JCPenney
                       Shoes: Payless




                                      
                       Shirt: JCPenney
                       Skirt: Ross
                       Shoes: Ross




                          Dress: LuLaRoe
                          Belt: Plato's Closet
                          Shoes: Target





                            Shirt: Ross
                            Skirt: New York & Company
                            Necklace: Charming Charlie
                            Shoes: Target






                              Shirt: Wal-Mart
                              Skirt: Ross
                              Necklace: Charlotte Russe
                              Shoes: H&M






                             Sweater: Plato's Closet
                             Skirt: Forever 21
                             Shoes: Payless
                             Necklace: JCPenney





                              Shirt: Forever 21
                              Skirt: Ross
                              Necklace: JCPenney
                              Shoes: Ross






                                 Shirt: Plato's Closet
                                 Skirt: Savers
                                 Shoes: Target
                                 Necklace: JCPenney



If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment