Wednesday, September 9, 2015

June 23rd, Week 8

First Transfer Down


Picture this:

You apply for a job. It can take between a week and three months to fill out the applications. You send in your application. It can take between six days and six months for you to find out what the job is. You find out. They can tell you to wait up to six months before you can even start your training. Your training can take up to nine weeks. In your training, you are taught what to say and how to say it. You learn how to dress appropriately and how to carry yourself in the best manner. Once you're finished with the training, they send you to start working. They can send you to any part of the world, expecting you to already have a grasp on your native language or the one you had to learn for the job during your training. You get there and meet your work partner. They expect you to live with this person for at least six weeks, whether you get along with them or not. You're with them 24/7. The only times you aren't required to be together are when you are using the bathroom or meeting with the boss. You have a set time to wake up and a set time to go to sleep. The only "breaks" you get during the day are for eating lunch and dinner. You have to study the work manuals for at least 2-3 hours every day. Your job requires you to knock on people's doors and help people with whatever they may need. Some people may yell at you. Some people may spit on you. But some people will allow you to help them. You're required to work in rain, shine, hail, snow, and wind. Your job isn't an easy one. There are good days and there are bad days. Not to mention, there is no hourly pay or salary given to you. Just the satisfaction of the service you give to those around you. 


Job Title: Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 

I wish I were exaggerating. The mission life is definitely not easy and it is definitely not for everyone. But is it worth it? Definitely. 

I have learned so much this last transfer and this week as well. I have learned to put all my trust in the Lord because He is the one that has a greater plan for all of us. 

Last P-Day, we went on a hike as a district and it was really fun. We anticipated it taking almost two hours to get up there but it only took us 45 minutes. So we took a long break and I found some interesting pictures on my iPad that were taken by the elders so I included those at the end of the e-mail in the attachment. 

We had a send-off party for President and Sister Hiers last Wednesday. We all got to say our goodbyes and although I only got to know them for a little bit, I learned so much from them. I am excited and anxious to get a new mission president soon. President Hiers told me personally that I will love the new president and his wife. That I will learn a lot from them. So I am excited to see what happens. 

I have learned this transfer that I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I am weak but thanks to His atoning sacrifice, I can be strong. The mission has definitely been worth it. All us missionaries voluntarily decided to serve so we all are here by choice and it's such a sacred opportunity to stand as a literal representative of Jesus Christ. What a blessing. 

I don't have that much time this week to write so I am sorry if I didn't reply to all of you that have written me the last few weeks but today is kind of a crazy day. I love you all and am super grateful for all the support and love I get. I am a lot better at responding to letters than I am to e-mails since I usually have time to write at least a few letters each week. 

Sending you all lots of love,
Hermana Pecjak 




No comments:

Post a Comment