Wednesday, September 9, 2015

July 14th, Week 10

I Can Do All Things


Dear friends and family,
It has been a great week here in the Utah Ogden Mission. Let's see if
I can remember everything that happened.
So, last week my P-day was Monday instead of Tuesday because we had
president interviews. President Jaggi's wife, Sister Jaggi, gave a
great training on the power music brings into a lesson if we use it
correctly. It was awesome and I definitely applied that training to a
lesson we had on Thursday. But more on that
later.
Our hard work has paid off because we found 3 new investigators this
past week.  It's great to see that our efforts have not gone to waste! :)
Something I've learned this week is that I can do all things as long
as I trust in the Lord and the Holy Ghost. I went on exchanges with
Sister Smith on Thursday and it was fun. I thought it was going to be
challenging since I basically had to teach all the lessons by myself
that day since she isn't a Spanish missionary. But, I learned that I
am capable of teaching lessons on my own without the help of my
trainer anymore. I learned so much from being by myself. It's nice to
have a companion though because the last lessons we had that day and I kept looking at Sister Smith so she could say something and then I remembered she couldn't speak Spanish
so it was kind of awkward but thankfully they didn't notice haha. On
Saturday, Hermana Lewis had to go to Logan so from 11 AM - 6 PM I was with Micaela,
an 18 year old girl in our ward. It was another one of those days
where I had to teach basically by myself but that's how we found
and got to teach him and ask him to be baptized. And GUESS
WHAT. Before we left, HE was the one that asked US when we could come
back. It's usually the other way around. How awesome is that??? So we
have a lesson with him and his wife tomorrow evening :) #blessings
So, on Thursday on exchanges, we went to visit Dulce and Cristian. We
taught them the song "Soy Un Hijo De Dios" (I Am A Child Of God). They
LOVED it!!! I think we sang it with them about 12 times!! :)


Last night we had another sister missionary sleepover party at the
mission home. We listened to a spiritual thought from Sister Jaggi,
played a game and watched a movie. We watched "The Chronicles of
Narnia" because President Jaggi loves the symbolism in it and how it
can be applied to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was fun getting to
know more of the sisters in the mission. Sister Jaggi said we could
have another one soon so YAY! :)
This morning, Sister Jaggi took us on a hike up a mountain near their
home. It was very nice and I don't know what it is about the wee hours
of the morning but it always makes me think.
As we were climbing up the mountain, it got a little harder as we went
along the trail. It got steeper at some points and a lot of us wanted
to quit. It wasn't a super long hike but the gradual steepness made it
difficult. But Sister Jaggi told us we would love the view once we got
to the spot where we needed to be. And the journey up a mountain trail
usually takes a lot longer and a lot more energy than it does to go
down the trail back to where we started. So, here I am climbing up
this mountain and I'm thinking that it applies to life. We all have
certain obstacles that we need to overcome in order to progress. And,
even though it's a lot easier to go down and end up back where we
started, it's also a lot harder to enjoy the view we get from keeping
on and climbing to the top. It took us about 30 minutes to get where
we needed to be and about 10 minutes to go back down. It's crazy how
that works. It's easier to fall back and go down than it is to go up.
But it's worth the climb. :) *insert Miley Cyrus' "The Climb" song*
I'm also unofficially one of the missionaries in charge of putting
together the next musical fireside so that should be fun/intense.


I hope everyone had a good week!!!
Love,
Hermana Pecjak











No comments:

Post a Comment